On Friday 09 February 2007 02:54, Dave Perry wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 00:25 +0000, leee wrote:
> > Just checked again, with current cvs osg/simgear/flightgear, and I still
> > got the same problems.  As before, re-setting the A/P via the menu seems
> > to kick everything into life.  There also seems to be a random element to
> > this problem - in half a dozeeen tests, most of the time it was the same
> > controllers that seemed not to be working but in two tests there seemed
> > to be a couple of additional ones that didn't want to play.
>
> The power check I added to kap140.nas moves the call to initialize the
> autopilot (apInit) to inside the apPower loop.  apPower is called by a
> setlistener that monitors power="/systems/electrical/outputs/autopilot
> to makes sure there is power to the autopilot before starting the power
> monitor apPower to prevent a "nil used in numeric context" nasal
> error.

I believe that the problem Gérard and Lee has seen is not specific to the
KAP140 autopilot. apInit in kap140.nas _only_ initializes the properties that
belong to the KAP140 autopilot. The initialization that Durk is talking about
is certainly not the same as apInit.

So far I have been unable to reproduce this.

Lee and Gérard, could you please tell us what aircraft you are seeing this
with. Is it aircraft that use the generic autopilot and/or aircraft that use
a customized autopilot?

--
Roy Vegard Ovesen