Melchior FRANZ wrote:

>* Harald JOHNSEN -- Saturday 31 March 2007:
>

>>I set KLAX in the next waypoint and keep the dialog open ;
>>I can see garbage in the target, dist, and eta fields one image every
>>two image and correct value the other image.
>>

>Works here. No garbage, no crash. Starting with the ufo from ksfo,
>with only waypoint setting klax. Flew to klax with open dialog.
>

>>Only plib is not up to date.
>>

>I'm using plib from svn/head, and my fgfs is patched to fully use
>it, bypassing the puList.cxx copy in the fgfs sources. (I'd like
>to commit that, but first we'd have to make 1.8.5rc1 a dependency.)
>
>Anyone else seeing the problem? Maybe even on Linux -- with useful
>backtrace?
>
>m.

I've traced the values in copy_to_pui, they are ok, and bad in the
format callback.
If I understand well the code, the live values are updated when the gui
subsystem is called (NewGUI::update()).
Those values are stored in char *pointer (before the format call back),
the problem as I see it is that those pointer won't be valid if the data
they point to is updated. And I thing that's what is happening.
The subsystem manager calls NewGui::update and then calls
FGRouteMgr::update. The set_string method
does a delete followed by a new so it's possible that the pointers are
not the same.
As a quick hack I changed the declaration of the route mgr subsystem
(int fg_init.cxx) to
    globals->add_subsystem( "route-manager", new FGRouteMgr,
SGSubsystemMgr::INIT );
putting it in the same group as the gui and before it. This seems to work.

Harald.