Syd & Sandy wrote:

>Hi all ,
>Not sure how to describe this , I get a barely visible hesitation in
>framerates while flying, about once a second . Noticed it in the
>Aerostar , so I suspected my Nasal electrical routine was causing it
>.... but after changing the loop timing  it didnt seem to match ....
>Running with log-level = info , it appears to closely match the
>refreshing timestamp message , but not entirely positive yet...
>Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this ?
>I tried a few other aircraft , and didnt notice it as much , so I'll
>keep hunting .
>Cheers,
>Syd

Bumping an old thread...
I used the ufo above some water with nothing in range, only a 2d cloud
layer to have a visual reference,
zero speed, turning left on myself. The animation is supposed to be
smooth and it is not. There is clearly
a pause from time to time ; all that is easily disabled is off (ai, atc,
random object, replay).
log level = info does not give any clue because the only messages that
appear is the timestamp refresh one and
the scheduling of tiles and those messages are not synced with the pause.
Note that the fps does not really vary at that point, still around 85
but the pause is clearly noticeable.
After some time, it appears clearly that the frequency of the pause is
lower, and the duration of the pause
is higher, also the strange thing is that the pause overlaps above a few
frame.
At some point I had the pause every 40 seconds and the slowdown was
lasting for like 5 seconds ; even if
the fps was not allways droping a lot the pause was clearly noticeable.
Well the fps is averaged so at the
begining of the test I was losing like 5 fps and at the end 40 during
the pause. But the fps is far from the truth
and the sim is simply not usable (I was not out of memory so no
swapping, even if the sim is clearly using
more and more memory).
I did not discover anything concrete ; while I was suspecting code
runing on a timer I don't understant how
the pause can overlap on a 5 second period. I disabled the nasal code
runing on timer and there is no difference.
The only thing that is synced with the end of the pause is the Nasal gc,
and this one 'only' use 250 ms at that
point of the test.

To be continued

Harald.