Forums Virgin Net wrote:

> *A great BIG Thank You*
> *to RAThomas, :o)*
>                            The sliding issue in Concorde appears to have
> been fixed,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but let me be clear that I don't
consider it to be fully fixed. Yes, we have found something which seems
to correct the gross misbehavior, but I'm uncomfortable with some
aspects of this "fix." The fact that no Linux users have yet reproduced
the problem and 1 out of 3 reporting Windows users have not been able to
so indicates at least another level of problem.

My take: We could be looking at a source level problem that is somehow
covered for or not by the compiler depending on its characteristics and
settings. AndersG suggested "It might be some kind of missing variable
initialization."  Or we may have a similar issue which is only related
to the compiler and/or its settings, not the source code.

If the latter, we should find and fix it so we can be confident that
Windows users won't be affected after the coming release.  If the
former, it could be something that may appear dormant but with some
small perturbation could wreak havok again.
--
Reagan Thomas