Hi Hans,

On Jun 29, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Hans Fugal wrote:

> On 6/28/07, Tatsuhiro Nishioka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Now I'm working on building both 0.9.11-pre1 and cvs head.
>> I had some errors in linking osgViewer (when building fgfs cvs-head/
>> OSG-svn head)
>> OSG-2.0 seems OK so I'll go with it for cvs-head for a while.
>> By the way, do you know which revision/tag is suitable for building
>> 0.9.11-pre1?
>
> I was able to build and run the 0.9.11-pre1 tarball without any
> changes at all (using the 0.9.11-pre1 SimGear and macports plib). I
> don't recall for sure, but I probably already had the alut.h fix in
> place.

I checked out the source files including 0.9.11-pre1, SimGear-0.3.11-
pre1, and Plib-1.8.4. SimGear-0.3.11 doesn't include the alut.h fix,
so it works with self-compiled freeglut as you wrote before, but I
don't think many users will do that so I decide to provide patches
for Mac OS X users separately.
This way, the changes I made don't affect neither the original source
files or Apple's ALUT framework.

Though I'm very glad about your contribution to Mac OS X port, I need
to tell you some potential problems in posting patches. Mac OS X port
is a bit complicated since it must support both PPC/Intel Macs, so
the Mac port has patches for both PPC/Intel Macs. This means that the
patches you will create might affect the existing patches that are
provided separately. so If you post the patches to the original
source files, I'd like you to consult the patches for Mac OS X port
to avoid conflicts. The patches for Mac OS X are available at:

Patches for 0.9.11-pre1 (in progress)
http://macflightgear.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/macflightgear/
branches/0.9.11-pre1/patches/

Patches for fgfs-cvs/OSG
http://macflightgear.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/macflightgear/trunk/
patches/

# patches for automake / configure will never have conflicts with the
existing patches since Mac OS X port doesn't use these at this moment.

I'm currently working on changing the patches for 0.9.11-pre1 so some
cannot be applied as it is,
but will be fixed soon.

Anyway, I'm very happy to have developers for Mac OS X.
Hope it helps you.

Tat