Hi all,

First of all, I'd like to thank and congratulate everyone on FlightGear, an
already excellent effort with still so much potential.  I'm very excited by
what you are all doing.

I'd currently lack the skills, but I'd like to work towards being in a
position where I can contribute to the project.  Although I have ten years
experience as a professional coder, I've only a passing familiarity with C
so I plan to work through some C++ tutorials to get started.  To assist me
in my self-learning, I'd appreciate it if someone could answer the following
question for me.

Is it possible to do meaningful development on FlightGear in Windows?  If
necessary, I can set up a Linux environment but then I'll have to learn a
new operating system as well as a new language.

Thanks and regards

Peter Roehlen.