On Tuesday 10 July 2007 10:48, Peter Roehlen wrote:
> Maybe I could work on the user interface initially?  Eventually, it would
> be nice to enhance the product with some simple/optional guided experiences
> - much like the missions and tutorials in FS9/FSX.

You mean something like what we have already? ;-)  It existed in a limited
form in 0.9.10 IIR, but with FG CVS, try the c172p, A-10, An2, Lightning,
b1900d, (and I'm sure others that I don't remember right now).  From the Help
menu, there's a "tutorials" option.  So far, most of us have used it for
engine startup procedure tutorials, though the c172p has some flying
tutorials.  The capability for "missions" also exists, though nobody has got
round to using it yet...

Producing such a mission would be a great way to get started contributing to
FG and "only" requires XML "programming" skills (though nasal can of course
be used to do extra clever bits) :-)

Cheers,

AJ