On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 09:46:27PM -0500, Curtis Olson wrote:
> I'd like to do a quick informal poll here.
>
> My day job involves maintaining and managing an advanced research driving
> simulator:

> So I would be interested if there is anyone out there that would be
> especially interested in adapting FlightGear for car/truck type simulation,
> especially if your interest level (and available time) might push you to the
> point of being willing to contribute to such an effort.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curt.

I just want to mention TORCS

http://www.torcs.org
or
http://torcs.sourceforge.net

>From their website (ABOUT):
<snip>
TORCS is a highly portable multi platform car racing simulation.
It is used as ordinary car racing game, as AI racing game and as research
platform.
It runs on Linux (x86, AMD64 and PPC), FreeBSD, MacOSX and Windows.
The source code of TORCS is licensed under the GPL ("Open Source").
<snip>

But beware... in CVS (data files) some of the cars/tracks are not GPL (as far
as i
could read in different READMEs... at lease 6 month ago while packaging it for
my
debian box)

Greetings to all of you!

--
   Diese Message wurde erstellt mit freundlicher Unterstuetzung
   eines freilaufenden Pinguins aus artgerechter Freilandhaltung.