Durk Talsma wrote:
> Please let me know if there are any issues that need to be addressed.

I just did a cvs up -dP for the plib branch of SimGear and then
FlightGear to see if the periodic hesitation and drop in frame rate
issue had been resolved.  It has not been resolved.  This problem is not
in 0.9.10 and IMHO needs to be resolved before releasing 0.9.11.  Am I
missing/overlooking a fix.

I have been working with Torsten Dreyer to implement the CenturyIII and
a derivative AltimaticIIIc autopilot.  So I have flown his SenecaII and
the pa24-250 a lot while tweaking the two autopilot config files for
these autopilots and aircraft.  I do not see this issue at all when
flying the pa24-250 and I see it every flight with the SenecaII.  In the
latter case, it is hardly noticable at first with only a slight
variation in frame rate ( no more than 5 fps variation from 67 fps).  As
you continue to fly, the drop in frame rate increases (to 40+ fps after
15 minutes) and the duration of the drop increases.  Also the time
between drops increases.  This has made the optimization of the
autopilot config for the SenecaII difficult as this periodic hicup acts
as an impulse response to the PID controllers.

I am not changing anything but the aircraft between these flights.  Two
differences between these aircraft come to mind.  First, the pa24-250 is
a yasim model and the SenecaII is a jsbsim model.  Second, the pa24-250
uses only three setlistener in the nasal I maintain and one of these
goes away right away after the autopilot is powered up while the
SenecaII uses a lot of setlisteners.

I am not suggesting the cause, only noting the differences I am aware of
between these aircraft.

Regards,
Dave Perry