For what it's worth, I think it's great to have a choice, at start-up, between
a cold and hot start (as with the c150).
More than half the fun of a "sim", as opposed to a "game", is the realism of
exploring the cockpit for the necessary switches and knobs to get the bloody
thing going and airborne. The an2 is one of my favourites - for this very
reason.
I have my .fgfsrc file set up so I start on the run-up area just off the main
runway at KSFO:

--lat=37.612451
--lon=-122.357858
--heading=026

so I have the time to do pre-flight checks (and explore the cockpit and
README's of new and unfamiliar a/c) without clogging up the threshold.

Blue skies,

Drew