On Monday 05 November 2007 16:50, Csaba Halász wrote:
> On 11/5/07, Heiko Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Though I can't help you, it sounds for me like a very
> > good feature for FlightGear! Real weather - real
> > traffic - would be great!
>
> Yeah! How about setting up an mp-server feeding in real traffic? Or
> even just AI? So that every client would see the same traffic.

Note: This is moving into a slightly different topic, but still interesting
enough to mention, I hope.

I've been thinking about this idea for some time now; separate out
the "intelligent part of the AI code" into a separate program, and run this
as a dedicated standalone program that feeds aircraft positions into
flightgear. This would solve many initialization problems, because the server
could run completely independently of FlightGear itself.

If somebody would care to assist in working out the details of the networking
code, I'd be happy to investigate the possibilities of setting up a dedicated
AI traffic server.

Cheers,
Durk