gerard robin

> Sent: 10 November 2007 18:37
> To: FlightGear developers discussions
> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] [Flightgear-cvslogs] CVS:
> data keyboard.xml,1.99, 1.100
>

> On sam 10 novembre 2007, David Megginson wrote:
> > On 10/11/2007, gerard robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I can notice the update has been done , before we could give any
> > > opinion on the topic. Does it mean , that there is not any other
> > > alternative, and the CHOICE is that way nothing else  :) :) :)
> > >
> > >From my original message:
> >
> > <quote>
> > I just moved tailwheel-lock from lowercase 'l' to uppercase
> 'L', and
> > reassigned lowercase 'l' to toggle lighting (for easy night starts
> > without searching for switches).  I assigned lighting to
> the lowercase
> > 'l' because I think it would be much more commonly used
> than tailwheel
> > lock, but if there are general objections (from DC-3 users?) I can
> > swap the two around so that tailwheel lock goes back to 'l'.
> >
> > Let me know what you think.
> > </quote>
> >
> > I or anyone else with access can change it again once there's a
> > consensus -- remember that CVS is the experimentation
> branch, not the
> > release branch.
> >

> > All the best,
> >

> > David
> >
> Oh, i am only like the dog which try to catch his tail.
>
> Since we had the 'L" used with carrier , (this was talked
> before), i only
> wonder if it would not have been  better to find a global
> agreement on
> which "key" can do what, before to make that update.
>
> There is some  aircraft within CVS which are  carrier compatible.
>
> With that update the launchbar  will not work now.

Should be OK, the carrier bindings will over-write the keyboard bindings. It
will be a problem if there is an aircraft with both tail wheel lock _and_
carrier launch bar (F4U?) I haven't checked that.

And perhaps we can come up with a long term solution. I'm sure Melchior's
little grey cells are working overtime.

Still, perhaps we shouldn't be making changes until we are clearer about the
consequences.

Vivian