Hi,
GWMobile schrieb am 25.12.2007 14:57:
> The original post quoted below exemplifies why I beleive it is a mistake
> to ever have crash detection for water in a flight sim however let me
> lay it out simply.
>
> 1. Anyone who lands on water in a flight sim knows they are doing it. It
> is highly likely they WANT to do it - ie have a float plane or want to
> ditch.
> Setting a crash default is silly. It forces people to not be able to do
> what they want and it isn't realistic.

Just to clarify: YASim does not crash, because you land with an airplane
on water. With most aircrafts you will get a nose-roll-over (due to the
high drag of the gear in the water) and the crash is the result of this
nose-roll-over.
If the parameters are unrealistic you can tune them. You can even
describe the fuselage of an aircraft with retractable gear as a float to
get emergency-water-landing-capability. And you can add additional
"gears" to aircrafts with retractable gears defining the fuselage as a
skid on ground. For an example try the dhc2F. You can land it on grass
with retracted gear, but you should not try to land on water with
extended gear.

Therefore everything you are asking for is already there. The only
question is, if the aircraft maintenancer is using all these features.

Maik