>  We were using the current version of gcc in Debian testing (4.1.2, I
> believe?), but the same problem occurred with the debian packaged 1.0.0,
> the ubuntu packages, and older versions as well.
>
>  As said in another mail, the stability issues improved with the small
> patch posted on this list. There's no segfault any more.
>  There's still the doublefree/corruption problem (which tends to appear
> at shutdown), and master/slave startup order still matters. If the
> master starts before the slave, the slave plane starts stuck in the
> ground at -9999 feet, and doesn't move. A reset on the slave side
> restores correct functionality.
- What are the configurations of the two machines?
- Are they equal, same os same architecture (32/64) bit
- What gcc/g++ version was used to compile
- What plib version?
- Do you share the same binary for the two machines or were they built
independantly?

The native protocol is *very* native, it just copies the internal data
structure to the stream without caring about byte order, byte/word alignment
or the kind of data representation in a struct/class.

Currently I cannot reproduce any other misbehaviour than the segfault that you
describe as gone now.

Torsten