> That sounds like you're using TCP, since if you were using UDP, the
> master would not know if the slave(s) received the message -- UDP is an
> unreliable protocol and the master
> does not know if it is transmittiing into oblivion or reaching an actual
> slave instance of FlightGear. Provided the native protocol doesn't have
> a mechanism to provide feedback of received messages to the master, that
> is.
This was running round in my head all day and I did some investigation with a
debugger, wireshark and a internet-searchengine at hand...

Here is what I learned today:
When you send a udp datagram to any machine and the port is not open on that
machine, you get a ICMP destination ureachable/port unreachable message from
the targeted machine. Looks like this is interpreted by the socket
implementation here on my linux box and it is finally handed over as an error
from the send() system that produces the warning message.

So, nothing to worry about. It's just a warning message on the console and as
soon as the client is up again, data flow continues as it is supposed to with
udp.

Torsten