> Sometimes I really wish that I had the necessary data to do JSBSim
> configs for some of the aircraft I've done - then I could also play
> with some of the control stuff that JonSB has incorporated in to
> JSBSim.  It's pretty unlikely that I could get good enough data for
> the aircraft I'm interested in though, so for the time being I'll
> be sticking with YASim.
>
> Fun stuff to think about and play with:)
>
> LeeE

It really is fun. And, you are right, that data is not easy to come by. For
some aircraft, however, it can be found. This publication has some control
system information for a small selection of aircraft:

http://www.jsbsim.org/NASA_CR-2144.pdf

You can sometimes search the NASA archives and find a report with lots of
good data. The X-29 is one of those. When the data is not available, a good
guidance and control system can still be made.

In my "day job" I do simulation, modeling, and analysis related to the abort
system for the new crew exploration vehicle that NASA is developing. In
first stage flight, the guidance and control system can be quite simple.
I've created a generic rocket model in JSBSim with a fairly simple guidance
and control scheme, and it flies nicely. I am also aware of several medium
complexity and one very extensive UAV guidance and control scheme that was
done using the JSBSim flight control components. It's still tedious to use a
text editor to create something more involved; a good GUI editor for systems
would be a great tool to have.

Jon