Hello everyone,

as already mentioned in a previous mail I am currently trying to extend the ATC background chatter files. At the moment there only is a directory "UK" containing British chatter files.
I would like to have your opinions on the idea for the following change:

        - change "UK" to "default"
- add a directory for each ICAO region (e.g. "K" for USA, "E" for Europe etc.) - add the corresponding country codes (if any) as subdirectories to the above mentioned dirs - add a directory for each airport to either the region dir or the country dir (depends on which one applies) - add (as a first step) chatter files for each airport (if any) to the airport directory
                (as a second step, add subdirs for ground, tower and
                clearance...)
- add "fallback" chatter files for regions/countries (in case there are no airport chatter files)
        - use "UK" -> "default" as global fallback

Then in flightgear automatically select the best chatter directory by script, depending on the current airport-id. I am reading "/sim/presets/airport-id" triggered by a listener. If that is the wrong thing to do I would appreciate hints to the _right_ way of getting the airport-id for chatter.

I already have about 70 brand new KSFO ATC background chatter files to start with for the most popular airport in flightgear. If anyone is interested in these, please let me know.

Regards,

Tobias Ramforth
begin:vcard
fn:Tobias Ramforth