>  This is an area where a commit now, test later philosophy could hurt
> the project because thread related problems can be so nasty to debug.

Maybe I should have stated that I didn't know if it was robust. I surely
agree with you that this patch should be for testing purpose only.

I posted it since I've used it for 2 weeks now and had no problems.
Again, I'm no threading expert but I thought some people would be
interested by a first draft.

Regards,
Benoit