On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Jon Stockill wrote:

> I've just been setting up a new machine and I've been building all the
> flightgear prerequisites from freshly downloaded source, but ran into a
> problem when it came to tracking down ALUT, so I thought I'd save anyone
> else from repeating the same searching as I've been doing.
>
> OpenAL development is now being hosted by Creative, unfortunately in the
> migration from openal.org to http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/ the
>  tarball for alut was missed. As a result of this you'll need to get
> alut from svn until they can replace the tarball. It can be obtained
> from here:
>
> svn://connect.creativelabs.com/OpenAL/trunk/alut

On Fedora 9 I've had really good luck with their prepackaged version:

    yum install alut alut-devel openal openal-devel

I had been using and older source based version, but ran into compile
problems on the newer distributions, and then ran into some other problem (I
can't remember the details now) trying to build from source, and then tried
the packaged version from my distro and that worked great.

Regards,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/