On mar 26 août 2008, gerard robin wrote:
> On lun 25 août 2008, Jon S. Berndt wrote:
> > > Hello,

> > > In order to get these data into the JSB FDM, the crude  solution could
> > > be, to
> > > include the yasim calculation part into JSBSim.
> > >
> > > I feel that won't be the more elegant solution, and i am not sure that
> > > Jon
> > > would agree on it.  :)
> > >
> > > Though, i am not aware, about the FG source organisation, i dare that
> > > question:
> > >
> > > Won't it be possible to calculate and to give on request ( when we are
> > > close
> > > to a  Carrier ) these data.
> > > I mean, the cats and wires positions ?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > --
> > > Gérard
> > > http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

> > carrier location and orientation should not be an FDM specific function.
> > This needs to be more configurable from the FlightGear side, so any FDM
> > can take that information and do with it what it needs to do cat/hook
> > ops.
> >
> > Jon
>
> YES, the problem won't be  technical, but mainly "a policy" problem.
>
> Since that feature is included into YASim , I fear  the answer (again, i
> got it......),  "for model which want carrier features, YASim  answer the
> request"  :).
>
> I hope that the prize to do it,  will not be too high.
>
> Cheers

Sorry, I answer  to myself, :)
Though, more the prize is high, more the chances to obtain it, are large

More seriously.
Won't it be possible to get with a generic Nasal script?

with the closest Carrier:
The Catapults position  with  heading.
The wire positions Left/right position.

Like we have a generic aar.nas (though it is not usable for me, too generic )
we could have, a carrier.nas.

I am not a Nasal expert, so can't do it.
However,  there is so many Nasal  expert here   ....... :)

Regards

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

"J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire "