Hello,

There is,  into the recent FDM JSBSim update, a new huge feature  with is
the "External_Forces", this gives us, a lot of new facilities for model
development, like mooring rope, chutes, catapults, hook, mules  and so on.
Each external_force can be defined "BODY" or "LOCAL".

Working on an Aircraft (Crusader) with Carrier (Foch) I am looking for the
right solution to get the positions of the  Carrier with its components
catapults and wires.

Into FG source, we can find some code which gives, regarding the AI, the
positions., global x-y-z, and lat lon.   I have found it  for Carrier and
Tankers (very useful for refuel), and probably there for any AI models.
However there is nothing  regarding the Carriers components, catapults and
wires positions.
Into YASim the positions of each component, catapults and wires positions are
calculated.

In order to get these data into the JSB FDM, the crude  solution could be, to
include the yasim calculation part into JSBSim.

I feel that won't be the more elegant solution, and i am not sure that Jon
would agree on it.  :)

Though, i am not aware, about the FG source organisation, i dare that
question:

Won't it be possible to calculate and to give on request ( when we are close
to a  Carrier ) these data.
I mean, the cats and wires positions ?

I guess, if we had these values it should be possible to process them into
JSBsim
in order to get an achieved Carrier Landing/takeOFF simulation.
At least , easier for Jon to include that simulation into JSBSim.

I can be wrong, it could be many other better approach

Cheers

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

"J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire "