Hi all,

I am a noobie at FG development and I am trying to compile the Windows
version of FG.  I understand from the forum, that all development talk
is done here, and that I just missed the same question being asked.  So,
please pardon my request but is there a guide to getting FG 1.0.0
compiled ?  I found a couple of sites on the web but they are out of
date and the headers/source and VC++ .sln files don't match up with the
1.0 code.

I have developed an add-on for MSFS, "Underway!", which allows for
real-time networked based naval warfare - including moving ships and
carriers, missiles, bombs, torpedos, sonobuoys, battle and systems
damage, etc.  Unfortunately, FS-X required more compute power than most
of my customers have. FS-9 doesn't do moveable and landable carriers.  I
checked into X-Plane and discovered I can't set the aircrafts position -
mandatory on a moving aircraft carrier when the pilot is not in the
cockpit.  So that's out.

So, I'm now looking into FG as it seems the most conducive to moving
forward.  But I need to compile the source code.  (I've already flown FG
on my linux box so I have a basic idea of how it works).  Any help in
getting this moving forward more quickly will be most appreciated!
--
Geoff McLean
McLean Research Associates

"To be good is not enough when you dream of being great."