On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Saurabh Gupta wrote:

> I actually meant 24bit.. 32 was typo.
> also the ssh server is VERY responsive while the fgfs servers dont respond.

The working or non-working of the FlightGear MP servers does not affect
your FlightGear's performance further than that more AI/MP models (i.e.
when MP works :) increase the rendering load and thus could decrease
FlightGear's performance on your system. Further on the arrival of a new
AI/MP model (player) FlightGear has to load the 3d model which give rise
to a (short) performance dip.

To check if a mpserver is alive connect to TCP port 5001 on it (using
telnet, netcat or maybe your browser). You should get a list of the
pilots that are currently online.

> Interesting. I tried to download the cvs tar ball. its a deadlink.
> Can you please give me instructions. Specifically what is your csvroot
> and also is simgear part of the flightgear cvs or will I have to
> download that separately and get patches for it .....???

Please see
http://www.flightgear.org/cvs.html
for CVS usage instructions.
There is also some useful information on the FlightGear wiki.

Cheers,

Anders