Tatsuhiro Nishioka wrote:

> By the way, I found a very interesting thing that the clouds always face to
> the
> aircraft.
> I placed ufo in the middle of clouds and made a spin by pressing left cursor.
> Then all the clouds were turning toward me, changing their order.
> I don't complain about this. it's rather cute to see these are facing me and
> say
> "Hi!" :-)

Unfortunately the billboarding scheme isn't perfect. Effectively the texture is
rotated so that it is at right angles to the viewing direction, with the
"bottom"
of the texture pointing "down" in the world-coordinate system. This works pretty
well most of the time, but if your view direction is close to vertical, and you
rotate the viewpoint, it is very obvious that the textures rotate with you.

The easiest way to see this is to do an aileron roll in a vertical dive.

-Stuart