I think the key thread passing through each posting is mentioning that
the two networks should be bridged.

I don't believe the FG developer/user responses indicate a desire to
have FG act as a IVAO client, bypassing the existing MP network.  Most
of the terms used imply a bridging of the two networks, rather than
combining them.

Note that the IVAO comments seem to imply the opposite, is that IVAO
would like to see FG act as a IVAO client.

I would suggest understanding the differing topologies and finding a
mutually appropriate topology is a lot more important than the
technical details.

Regards... Matthew

On 11/10/08, Martin Spott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Pep Ribal" wrote:
>
>> The way authentication is handled so far in IVAO ATC (IvAc) and pilot
>> (IvAp) clients is a connection popup window that lets you fill VID and
>> password, which you can retype every time you login, [...]
>
> The above comments still don't tell us much about how things are
> supposed to work, they leave too much room for vague guesses.
>
> To make the story short: If IVAO is really serious about getting
> FlightGear on-board, they should approach FlightGear with a precise
> idea a) if they have a serious offer to make in terms of network
> interoperability and b) what they expect FlightGear to deliver.
> Otherwise, with no dependable information on their hands, I don't
> expect that people are going to to spend relevant effort on this topic.
>
> Best regards,
>       Martin.
> --
>  Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who its friends are !

Sent from my mobile device