Hi,
 weekly resubmit. New this week:

o After scenery finishes loading:

FGScenery::getPagerSingleton()->setMaximumNumOfObjectsToCompilePerFrame(1);
     Should help with excessive frame drops. Default is 4.
o Integrated James Turner's fixes, thank you.
o SGAtomic not longer used: big mem savings on win32

Usual content:

o bigger zlib decompression buffer
o nafree() returns if freeing NULL
o throttle screen update rate on splash screen for single core machines
o reduced memory usage for FGRunway
o faster apt.dat, nav.dat & awy.dat parsing

My previous memory numbers were wrong, I was still using the buggy double
taxiway allocation (I have 4 local copies of the code).
With the SGAtomic changes and the reduced memory footprint of FGRunway the
following memory usage
was measured on ksfo (no random objects, win32), just running fgfs.exe, no
params (i may have some non-standard
preferences saved, they were the same for both runs anyway):
original: 565MB
this patch: 470MB

Over some random terrain for which i have not downloaded terrain files and
using ufo
instead of c172:
338
231

This is after the splash screen disappears. The numbers oscilate +/- 10MB.
It seems something is allocating
and freeing memory just after loading.

greetings,
 yon