On jeudi 11 décembre 2008, Stuart Buchanan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Those keeping an eye on CVS will notice that Tim Moore has committed some
> changes to the clouds code. His changes massively improve performance - way
> above what I've been achieving with my attempts to re-use cloud
> definitions. I am very grateful to Tim for showing me once again how
> performance improvements should be done!
>
> Attached is yet another clouds patch.
>
> This one
> - Removes the cloud type re-use code - I think they aren't worth the
> graphical artefacts that they cause in light of Tim's improvements -
> Changes the transparency of the clouds. Previously, the clouds were
> transparent at 0m distance, opaque at 200m, then gradually more transparent
> to the fog limits. This meant they were generally quite transparent. Now,
> they are opaque from 200m to 15km, then become transparent at 20km. A side
> effect of this is that the current textures could probably benefit from
> being made slightly transparent to improve the blending of the sprites
> against each other.
>
> -Stuart

Done with metar enabled
And the last CVS update

Do i have missed anything  ?

here the progress climbing from sealevel   to 8000 ft
we may notice some strange behaviour
One/
 the transparency,   does the alpha sorted correctly ?
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/3DClouds-img10.jpg

Two/
Here everything is right, however some little flickering
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/3DClouds-img11.jpg

Three/
Nothing wrong we are in a "fog" layer
view from above
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/3DClouds-img12.jpg

Four/
the same than previous but view from under   ???   only a ghost no "fog"  !
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/3DClouds-img13.jpg

Five/
at a higher altitude leaving the "fog",  suddenly the clouds layer under
vanish partly, like a mask which move above, then  we get with transparency
the sea. We should have a full layer  of clouds

again  an alpha order  problem
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/3DClouds-img14.jpg

I experimented  it  several time, with several Airborn, and the same result
 :(

Everything with Cloud density 1 and visibility range 20000

Cheers

--
Gérard
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/GRTux/

J'ai décidé d'être heureux parce que c'est bon pour la santé.
Voltaire