Hi all,

I can't currently be really aware about release candidates but I have a
though about the version of plib needed for FG, which is now 1.8.5. But
as far as I've checked (Debian sid/experimental and Ubuntu Intrepid)
only plib1.8.4 is available in repos (except a doc package in experimental).

I think that as many of you guys have compiled some time ago the correct
plib version, and nobody checked this point, and just forgot :p

Trying compiling SimGear-1.99.5-rc2 (from 12/10/08), and plib from my
repos (version 1.8.4) I get the "expected" message:
checking plib/ul.h usability... yes
checking plib/ul.h presence... yes
checking for plib/ul.h... yes
checking for plib 1.8.5 or newer... wrong version
configure: error: Install plib 1.8.5 or later first...

Note that is not a real problem for those who want to compile FG, but
could be one for distributions and packages managers...

best regards
seb