On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 10:46 AM, James Turner <zakal...@mac.com> wrote:

> On 29 Dec 2008, at 08:40, Tim Moore wrote:
>
>> .4 meters seemed
>> sufficient to me, but others don't agree, so perhaps we can settle
>> on some value
>> larger than .1. The near plane value is settable, both in the camera
>> configuration and as a "live" property in /sim/rendering/camera-
>> group/znear.
>
> Just ran into this with Bravo. A value of 0.2 works, but 0.3 causes
> some minor clipping of the cockpit roof, and 0.4 causes nearly the
> entire side-pillar to be clipped.
>
> I wonder if part of this is about camera position placement in the
> models, but my ignorance of such matters is vast, so I'll say no more.
>
> James

Hi All,

I checked the Honda Jet and found that along with parts of the window
frame and even parts of the pilot's arms are clipped. The workaround
of --prop:/sim/rendering/camera-group/near-field=0.1 is okay though
noted that the ships wash near KSFO flickered. Change the value to 1
showed the clipped cockpit again.

If anyone is interesting, I'm happy to document this case further with
software version details and the like.

Regards

George