* gerard robin -- Wednesday 11 February 2009:
> I disagree, since there is a mixing of supposed to be developer
> 'developing' and user 'using'.

Sure, every developer is also a user. You are certainly a FlightGear
developer. But that's not what I meant.

Users download a compiled release version from their distributor
or from flightgear.org. They unpack the archive and run it. That
may not always work perfectly, but generally it's not too hard.

As soon as you check out source code and compile yourself, you
enter the developer domain, no matter if you are (or consider
yourself) a developer. And this will probably never be really
easy. Developers want powerful tools, and those are usually more
complicated to handle than user stuff. Maybe it's also because
developers just *want* it difficult.  ;-)

> Sure my question could have been asked on the user mailing list.

No, no. There was nothing wrong with the question. Everybody
*has* to get the info from somewhere.

> My very old experience  has vanished , and it is not now with
> my 66 years old, that will start a carrier of developper .

Don't worry. There are younger folks doing a lot worse.   :-)

m.