Martin Spott wrote:

> OSM are currently discussing a draft of their to be expected future
> license for their road database. If you're interesed in having OSM
> roads show up one day in some future releases of the FlightGear World
> Scenery, then feel free to reserve some time, start at:
>
>  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Database_License

Until now I didn't notice any of those who feel like caring for
FlightGear's future actually getting involved into the process.

>From my very personal perspective this is fine, BUT, we should be aware
of the fact that we probably don't get OSM roads into FlightGear
Scenery for free.
So, if people are looking forward into having FlightGear Scenery
releases basing upon OSM roads (one day), they should deal with the OSM
re-licensing process and raise their voices there.

Cheers,
        Martin.