Erik

> Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > * Vivian Meazza -- Saturday 04 April 2009:
> >> I can fix it here, to my entire satisfaction, so if everyone else is
> >> happy, don't worry.
> >
> > I can't really say much about this, as I'm using a rather old and not
> > so great monitor that I don't seem to be able to calibrate correctly.
> > But I agree that the ambient has now become significantly darker. I
> > just can't say if that's right or wrong.  :-/
>
> To be honest both screenshots don't look too bad to me :-/
> But if it's going to be adjusted it needs to be done in
> Data/Lighting/ambient

This is how I think it should look, and arguably it's still a little dark:

ftp://ftp.abbeytheatre2.org.uk/fgfs/Light/Seahawk%20-%203.jpg

ftp://ftp.abbeytheatre2.org.uk/fgfs/Light/Seahawk%20-%204.jpg

I'm doing a small adjustment in light.cxx - seems to work:

        float ambient = _ambient_tbl->interpolate( deg ) + (0.25 + 0.75 *
visibility_inv/10);

Not sure that I fancy tinkering around in Data/Lighting/ambient - someone
has obviously taken a lot of care to craft that one.

Vivian