Syd, Csaba, et al...

This is by no means complete, or really even close... and I'm not done trying,
but I'm just taking a little break from working on it.   I just wanted to show
you progress and get your input, in case there are any major problems with it
so far (particularly in the Nasal).

By the way, I know that the bigger radar screen obstructs most of the window,
but I consider it an improvement, at least as a matter of personal preference.
Your mileage may vary.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll209/rmsjr1974/atcrmsjr-01-setloc.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll209/rmsjr1974/atcrmsjr-02-markfinal.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll209/rmsjr1974/atcrmsjr-03-markfinal.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll209/rmsjr1974/atcrmsjr-04-markfinal.jpg

NOTES:
When the sim boots up and initializes, the radar scope view will be set to a
range of 1.  Before zooming out, use CTRL-J and K to rotate the localizer guide
paralell with the intended arrival runway, then use CTRL-G and H to move it
left and right until aligned with it.  Now you can zoom out to your preferred
view distance and the localizer guide will self-adjust to remain on the
centerline as you defined it.  Also, please note that all heading references
(on the screen and also in the data panel) are given in MAGNETIC.

KNOWN BUGS / ISSUES:
(1) The localizer guideline extends past the edge of the radar screen.
(2) The current transformation for the radar screen actually rotates the screen
itself, rather than just the indicators on it.  I presume I have to connect the
magnetic variation to the user's orientation in order to correct this.  I think
I can work that out myself, following what was done in ATC2.
(3) The wind heading only updates when a target's info is updated, since I
could not figure out where else in the Nasal script to put this operation.  I
tried to attach that script to a listener which would trigger when
/environment/wind-from-heading-deg changes, but I didn't do it right, I guess.
So I just threw it in the Target Update script for now.  (Yes, I know that's
not a great place for it!)

PLANNED IMPROVEMENTS:
(1) Panel hotspots to toggle and maneuver the localizer guide.  Right now that
can only be done with the CTRL-keys indicated above.  I can add those, no
problem.
(2) Commands activated by either (well, really, both) CTRL-key and panel
hotspots which prepare canned directives to the target plane.  I want to do
this in such a way that the piece to be added (i.e. which heading, which
altitude, which runway) is always at the end of the message.  I can manage this
part, I think, based on what's already there.
(3) Prettier panel and buttons.  Shading for 3D effect, etcetera.  I can do
that on my own as well, but I just wanted to have something quick-and-dirty to
test with for now.

Here it is... look at it... play with it... tell me what a hack I am... improve
it... give it back to me.  :)  LOL

http://filebin.ca/mdscns/ATC-rmsjr.zip

Cheers,
-R. (MD-Terp)
 Robert M. Shearman, Jr.
Transit Operations Supervisor,
University of Maryland Department of Transportation
also known as rm...@umd.edu