Hello all...

With all the talk about FG audio here recently, it reminded me that I
haven't yet gotten around to something I've wanted to do for some
time--record some new audio files. I have access to a Piper Aztec, a
light twin-engined aircraft. It's engines are six-cylinder Lycoming
IO-540's, which are a bit larger than a 172's engine, but quite
similar in some. But I also probably have access to smaller, single-
engine aircraft such as a Piper Cub. I am not sure about turbine
engine aircraft just yet, but that may be a possibility as well, as I
have several contacts that might be able to help with that. I also
have a Mac laptop with audio-recording software (Garage Band, Pro-
Tools and Sonar for PC). In addition I have several professional
dynamic and condenser microphones. The point is that I have the
necessary tools to record some high-quality audio, and I have access
to various aircraft to get the audio samples from.

While I do not have a ton of time this fall, I do have some time that
I can spend on this project. But I need to know what sorts of audio
samples would be most valuable--certainly a list of *all* desired
audio files would be nice; as this will allow me to categorize need
and prioritize manpower to get as much done as soon as possible. So I
am asking for some input from the developers, especially for things
like:

1) Sources for audio samples: single vs twin; idle power vs various
RPM settings; in-flight vs ground-obtained audio, propellor pitch
variations, etc.

2) Any need for auxiliary samples such as: gear retraction/extension;
flap extension/retraction; alarms (autopilot, NAV instruments, etc.)

3) Any support vehicle audio samples: aircraft tugs, firetrucks, snow-
plows (plowing, for example), etc.

My thought here is to build as comprehensive a list as possible as to
just what samples are necessary, and then work on that list as the
opportunities arise over the next year or so. With the weather in
Wisconsin about to turn colder, I will probably not have enough time
to get all desired samples (nor will I have the opportunity to do so).
But as I am part owner of the Aztec, I can certainly get many samples
of various things over the next 1-2 months.

So your input is appreciated...

TB