On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Erik Hofman wrote:

> There's one problem that comes up; At the moment I am working on
> updating the Sound System. While I'm not claiming this would be a
> contender for the contest it's clear to me that I needed help for it in
> some parts. Who's going to win then?
>
> After all, FlightGear is and will be, a joint effort in the end.

Hi Erik,

Don't worry, I only know 3 people in the FlightGear project who would jump
in at the last second like that and claim all the credit ... and they've
shared the prizes already for the last 6 months so someone else is due real
soon now.  So all you need to do is come up with yet another really cool
idea now and finish it since one of them already claimed the current and any
future audio system.  (Hopefully that is read as some Friday afternoon humor
with lots of smiley's) :-) :-) :-)

But more seriously, there's no perfect system, and I was imagining a for-fun
contest with a t-shirt or coffee mug as the prize ... more symbolic than
anything ... except the winner now has something that only a very select
group of other people would have.  I was thinking of something that would be
fun where we could cheer each other on and encourage each other.

I think when it comes down to it, it would be pretty clear who put in the
work for a particular feature.  And in the case of shared effort on a
particular feature ... I don't know, maybe we could find some benefactor who
would be willing to sponsor additional prizes.  If it was a really close
call, I'd probably be willing to dig into my own pocket once in a while to
help out.  The intent for this particular style of contest would be just for
fun.  And if someone *really* just wanted a t-shirt and mug, I could send
them the top secret link to the cafepress.com page where they could order
one themselves. :-)

Regards,

Curt.
--