James Turner wrote:

> There's quite a lot of improvements that could be made to higher
> levels of MP, if arbitrary properties could be synchronised over MP :)

As far as _I_ remember, the current state of the protocol was _not_
designed for having everyone dump arbitrary data to the crowd but
instead to allow for synchronization of positions, velocities and
accelerations at reduced latency even over low-bandwidth lines. The
current MP protocol is probably not perfect, but I think it still does
quite a good job at its intended purpose. I remember running MP over a
64 kBit's ISDN line at satisfactory performance.

If bandwidth is not a matter, then you'd probably want to jump on the
HLA train and join the CERTI/VirtualAir effort. They're offering
everything like subscribing to attributes and the such ....  yet I have
to state that reduced bandwidth footprint, compared to the current
state, would be beneficial to have in CERTI  ;-)

Cheers,
        Martin.