Thanks for the input.
I admit I was uncertain about moving the 3d clouds there , but thought I'd
heard it mentioned
that the trees and 3d clouds were going to be moved into the effects...
The reason I thought this needed to be changed was the growing length of the
rendering dialog ,
but my fix may not be the best.
Your suggestion of a Display and Rendering options sounds good to me ....
Cheers