On 22 Oct 2009, at 14:40, Sébastien MARQUE wrote:

> quite off-topic: the zkv1000 will very appreciate your actual
> changes on
> gps system. it is a "replica" of garmin primus 1000 for general
> aviation).

Okay - that's exactly the kind of device I hope the new code can
support. I've read the G1000 pilot's manual, and I *think* that nearly
all the functions can be provided by the current GPS code (and once I
work on 2D graphics, hopefully the nav display too). It would be great
if you can look over the current GPS features and indicate any pieces
you think might be missing - additional commands, additional search
features, extra data, or anything really.

(Airways, SIDs, STARs and approaches are being working on right now!)

James