Forgot to mention it's still crashing in Debug mode due to a corrupt heap
(according to the debugger, this is the likely culprit) on the
SGSoundSample::free_data() call, you guessed it, on the same spot as a
couple weeks back : rumble.wav.
No changes in behaviour in DEBUG mode even with all the recent changes.
Which could also point to other misbehaved code, maybe even outside the
sound code.
I simply don't know.

Cheers,
Nic

--
Be Kind.
Remember, everyone is fighting a hard battle.