On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Ron Jensen wrote:

> I commented on the other European-ization thread (about precision
> marking differences) that perhaps genapts should take a flag for
> European or US style rendering?

Martin pointed out that for the vast portion of airports and scenery areas
of the world, they are generated using hands off batch processing methods.
This is the primary mode in which genapts and terragear were designed to
run.

So certainly a flag would be useful if a developer wants individual control
over a runway or an airport, but some sort of heuristic for the rest of the
airports in the world would also be useful ... or some way to enhance the
data file so a per-runway-end decision could be made automatically.  I.e.
add a field to the database and fill it in with some heuristic, then from
there on allow manual tweaking for individual airports.  Then the batch
processor would have the information it needs for a full world regen, then
next time that is run.

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: http://baron.flightgear.org/~curt/