James Sleeman wrote:
> On 28/11/09 01:59, Nathanael Rebsch wrote:
>>
>> enable users to load modules, see /etc/default/pulse
>>
> Doesn't appear to make a difference.
sorry, i meant /etc/default/pulseaudio, but i assume you found the file
i meant ^^
i also installed a bunch of pulseaudio modules (basically all i could find)
apt-get install "pulseaudio-*"
further i set .alsoftrc to state "drivers=oss" (though i am not 100%
sure if i still have that file in place)
it did require me restarting the computer, as the changes to
/etc/default/pulseaudio did not take effect as i had expected them to

previously i had also made pulseaudio a system service (see same file)
but i changed that back as that meant the volume controll disappears