>>> I was asked to remove them!
> Who asked, and why? I did not read this on the list,
> or maybe missed it, otherwise I would have offered
> an 'opinion' then ;=))

I was one of the guys who asked him. If I remember correctly I had it
CC'ed on the list.

The DSP Files where unchanged for years and didn't work out of the box
for years. The am2dsp scripts had to be updated but no one seemed to
care for years.

I agree that it is rather futile to get vcproj files up-to-date. IMHO
converting autoconf isn't optimal, too.

Olaf