John Denker wrote:

> The "repeat" sub-option would be even more useful if
> it were more widely known.  It is not mentioned in
> --help --verbose and not mentioned in getstart.pdf.
>
> It would be nice if somebody would
> a) At least mention README.IO in getstart.pdf and
>   also in --help --verbose.
>
> b) Also perhaps expand the discussion of --generic
>   in getstart.pdf to include the full range of
>   sub-options, perhaps by incorporating the relevant
>   passage from README.IO.

Hi John,

I'll have to plead ignorance here - I wasn't aware of the
"repeat" option, and indeed haven't used the IO subsystem
in a non-trivial way for a number of years. Keeping track of
all the various features in FG is quite hard these days,
though checking all the README files for useful information
would probably be a good idea :).

Given the size of getstart.pdf and the target readership, I
think a simple reference to README.IO would be the most
appropriate way forward.

If you'd like to submit a patch to the manual, it would be very
welcome. Otherwise I'll look at it when I get the chance.

-Stuart