Here's a mystery for you: Please take a look at
  http://www.av8n.com/fly/fgfs/img48/null-fdm-instruments.png

Most of the instruments are working, but the rate-of-turn
indicator and the Nav 1 CDI/GS needles are frozen.  You
can see from the property browser that the Nav receiver is
properly tuned up and is trying to drive the needles.

This is observed during playback using the null FDM.  The
same sort of frozen instruments are observed using the UFO
FDM.

The mystery gets deeper because I also observed that clicking
on the OBS setting knob does successfully rotate the OBS card
on Nav 1.

I have debugged this as far as I can.  I'm stuck.  I don't
have any good hypotheses as to why some instruments are
working while some parts of other instruments are not
working.