On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 21:41 -0800, syd adams wrote:

  just my personal opinion; I don't mind them as a creative expression
of the forward movement that represents
  aviation. Some are perhaps a little misplaced, but I quite like the
idea. Some iterative refinement may be necessary,
  I'd encourage the author to work with them a bit more. But it does
bring a good point that has been voiced previously,
  there is no common branding of the FlightGear name, this is perhaps
quite OK, but conversely a style guide may be useful to folks
  who are outside the core development team and thinking of things like
aircraft splash screens.

 S.