Replying to some specifics, I'll let Syd comment in general since he's the
Primus author, and has seem more documentation than me by far.

On 18 Mar 2010, at 03:49, Max Hertling wrote:

> 3) I think it would be nice, if the CDI would show the course-deflection
> in FMS-Mode the same way it does in NAV-Mode. I implemented that by
> setting the deflection to deflection=bearing-legcourse, where the
> legcourse is the direction from the last waypoint to the current
> waypoint. I think this value should be divided by 5 (using degrees, not
> radians).
> Yet, I again do not know if this is supported by the real P1000. So what
> do you think?

The GPS/FMS code generates its deflection this way, as an option, but some
(many?) FMS/GPS devices defaults to showing a linear deflection (nautical miles
left/right of course) instead of the angular deflection (bearing - legcourse).
The GPS code supports *either* via a config property, and outputs the
cdi-deflection property appropriately. However, since the GPS code has changed
recently, I'm not sure where the Primus CDI is picking up that value (it may be
using a proxy value from nav[0])

> 5) I want... no... I need Buttons in the 3D-Cockpit to select
> previous/next Waypoint. There is this console called CDU in the middle.
> I think those buttons should go there. This CDU shows the first four or
> five Waypoints, I could also work on this. So what do you think? Maybe
> the Primus-MFD would also be a nice place for that. Suggestions??

The GPS and route-manager have these functions, and there will (soon, not in
2.0.0 unfortunately) be menu items for the functions. Hooking up a cockpit
button on a CDU to them is also easy. Naturally without seeing some
documentation on the CDU I have no idea if this is realistic - from using
simulated Boeing CDUs, you have to go the appropriate route page and activate a
waypoint from there, I think. Again the core code is designed to support such
operations, but I can't speak for the glue on top.

> 6) I've been thinkink about the Primus-MFD assuming there are a lot of
> features that are not implemented. I would realy like to enhance this,
> but i cannot find any documentation on the thingy. Without knowing what
> a real P1000 can do...
> example: it would be nice to have a screen that shows the
> VOR-IDs/Bearing/Selected Radial/DME, as well as the current waypoint-id,
> distance, bearing and leg.

All that data is available in the property system (I think, or can be made
available) - the piece that's missing, I think, is better 2D graphics support
for cockpit instruments. Which is my next big project (for the summer,
probably). And, as always, documentation on the real systems.

Regards,
James