On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Curtis Olson <curtol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Martin Spott  wrote:
>
>> Curtis Olson wrote:
>>
>> > I think you have just summarized all the limitations of the FlightGear
>> > multi-camera/view/display system.  Tim Moore is the person who developed
>> > this feature (nothing existed before his efforts) [...]
>>
>> ....  except from the multi-screen system which formerly had been
>> introduced by Mathias Froehlich and which has done a great job, at
>> least for not too complex display setups  ;-)
>>

> Sorry Mathias if I mis-attributed that effort.  I know you did most of the
> original OSG port!
>
> It's true. I provided a patch to use the osgViewer class to set up windows,
manage the main camera, etc. Mathias used the slave camera feature of
osgViewer to provide a "video wall" style of multiple displays that was
demonstrated at LinuxTag for 2 years, (I think!). I later generalized this
to support general monitor arrangements (like a panoramic arc) and general
combinations of screens and graphics cards. I don't know if the LinuxTag
demo team uses the original video wall feature (still supported) or the
"new" stuff.

Tim