On 20 Mar 2010, at 21:05, David Megginson wrote:

> I understand that these properties are convenient for other systems,
> but they should go somewhere they would be in real life, like a DME,
> GPS database or FMS, not in the (relatively dumb) nav radio itself
> under /instrumentation/nav/.

Yep, this has got very messy, I have a plan I'm discussing to clean this up,
and fix up a GPS bug I introduced where where nav radial gets over-written, but
any clean-up has to be predicated on not breaking the enormous number of
aircraft, instruments, autopilots and so on that assume /instrumentation/nav[0]
does this huge range of messy, non-realistic-for-a-physical-VOR-receiver stuff.

One thing I've already done is refactor the code so that 'updateReceiver' does
the real VOR stuff, and other updateFoo methods do logic which should move
elsewhere.

I do want to move this forwards, but it needs to be done rather carefully to
avoid some pretty major aircraft breakage. Suggestions are welcome, and I'll
try to write up some wiki pages on how I propose to move the tangle forwards.

James