> I just made up a cool sounding name off the top of my head. :-)  If I
> can't git cvs.flightgear.org <http://cvs.flightgear.org> up and running
> easily in the next day or so, it might be time to git serious about
> moving to git hosted on a bigger better faster server.

i would love to see the project finally use only a single type of
revision controll for the same source!
personally i'd say that alone is a big step forward, esp. regarding
project management.
even if the cvs server did come back up again, i'd still want to
emphasise that the git repository would be a better solution for the
project.

regardles of the version controll system in place though, it'd be better
you used one repository, rather than this current situation on mix and
match and merging back.

that's just to count as an encouragement ;-)

greetings
Nathanael Rebsch