Hi Erik, Fred,

Thank you Erik and Fred for pointing me to
 simgear/screen/extensions.[cxx|hxx]...

So it seems all the extensions _ARE_ supported in the
default windows DLLS (OpenGL32.dll and GLU32.dll),
just NOT exposed through the usual 'export' section,
thus the addresses must be 'found/loaded'...

If you know any pointers to more documentation on these
OpenGL extensions, specifically why this particular 'load'
method, that would be great...

Anyway, I wrapped the whole thing in a sg_ext_funcs class,
so that the address loading is done during instantiation,
rather than having to remember to do an 'init' first.

I have added this to Atlas's native WIN32 Map program, and
had some success - see -
 http://geoffair.org/fg/atlas-07.htm#framebuf

Although there are still some 'color' problems, these
images are a _BIG_ improvement to those above them, from
using render-in-window... and still a problem of the
Release build, which seems to optimize away something
very important...

Any ideas on these ongoing problems would be much
appreciated...

But many thanks again...

Regards,

Geoff.